You know what? You made it through your crappy childhood.
Maybe your family humiliated or put you down or you had a parent with addiction or mental health issues. Maybe your family ignored you or forced religion or some other BS moral code on you.
Whatever it was, you didn’t feel happy and you certainly didn’t feel unconditionally loved or like your family was the support that you needed.
And now, as an adult, you’re trying to navigate how to get that stuff that you missed out on. How can you feel special and important? How can you feel loved? Worthy? Deserving?
What you need is a toolkit.
You need a toolkit to use to take apart old patterns of anxiety, depression or anger and move towards feelings or worthiness, inner peace, and knowing the world is a welcoming and safe place.
How do I know this?
Because I’ve seen some shit in my life.
I mean, we’ve all seen our fair share of shit, and my shit was profoundly psychologically destabilizing. (Warning – this is about to get heavy.)
- Mother with severe mental illness (my pets at home would mysteriously “disappear” while I was at school whenever I angered her)
- Late-stage cancer at age 32 (with a 50/50 chance of survival. Spoiler alert: I made it!),
- Over $100,000 in medical debt from cancer treatment (thanks, US healthcare system!)
… just to mention a few choice highlights (or really, lowlights).
I knew I needed to find some tools and practices to counter that feeling of instability and cultivate harmony, ease, and steadfastness.
I wanted more than to just be out of “trauma mode,” I wanted to find joy. To find pleasure. To find true happiness.
The tools and practices in this group course are a culmination of over 25 years of research and development. I know most of you have tried some of the more traditional approaches like therapy and self-help books. I want to share some powerful unconventional tools with you, some tools that are on the cutting edge of neuroscience, positive psychology, occupational therapy and energy healing. These tools go beyond therapy to work on trauma at a deep body-mind level.
If you’re reading this and it’s still resonating with you, then you might benefit from Unconventional Tools for Healing
Here’s what we’ll cover in this course:
Module 1: Learning to observe the present moment
In module 1, I’ll share two tools to use everyday to remain present and centered in both body and mind.
The practice of learning to be in the present moment (mindfulness) is the cornerstone of so many spiritual practices for good reason. When we spend too much of our time in the past (depression and guilt) or the future (anxiety and worry), we miss out on the good stuff.
But mindfulness often doesn’t work for those with a history of trauma. In fact, sitting with your thoughts can even be a trigger sometimes and cause more anxiety and depression. I’ll share a method with you that blends mindfulness and self-compassion for a powerful healing tool.
Learning to train your mind and body to be here now, let go of unnecessary thought patterns, and feel the calm that comes from being mindful is truly life changing. Can you imagine being able to snap your whole body and mind back to the present moment when feeling anxiety, anger or depression?
Module 2: Shadow work and developing a relationship to your inner child/past self
Module 2 will be all about the shadow and inner child — those parts of us that are sometimes hidden and need the most TLC of all.
When we’re traumatized, whether that’s relational trauma, personal tragedy, or environmental or societal circumstances, our brains do some miraculous gymnastics to keep us safe and able to cope. But oftentimes these trauma responses and behavioral patters, like hypervigilance, anxiety or anger, persist after the trauma has ended, which is a problem because they’re really for “emergency use only” and shouldn’t be part of how we operate when we’re no longer in traumatic circumstances.
Shadow work and inner child/past-self work can help to integrate these patterns into the present and allow us to stop reacting to life as if it is still something to be afraid of. Recognizing and healing these emotional patterns are integral to having better relationships with your partner, friends, family, and coworkers and in generating a feeling of centered calm, safety and grace as you move through the world.
Module 3: The most important relationship we’ll ever have
There’s that old saying that you have to learn to love yourself before you can learn to love others, and while I don’t 100% agree with that, I do think that learning to love yourself makes all of your other relationships exactly 1 million percent better (and I used to tutor statistics, so there’s no use arguing that stat with me).
Do you know how to woo and court yourself? Do you have a voice in your head that always speaks kindly and lovingly to yourself? Do you know how to prioritize your own needs above everyone else’s?
Together we’ll look at ways for your to become your own best friend, caregiver, hype woman and loving presence.
Module 4: How to relinquish control and live a carefree life
I’m going to let you in on a little secret. Shhh….
Ready? We’re about to get real real.
You don’t have any control over anything. And you know what? You’re making it worse for yourself by trying to pretend you do.
Are you a spiritual backseat driver? Do you plan out exactly what you want to happen, how you want it to happen and what steps you’ll take to get there?
I used to be the same way. And about half the time it worked out pretty close to how I imagined it and about half the time it didn’t go as planned. And then I felt disappointed, self-critical or worse.
After reading umpteen spiritual texts and self-development books I finally got it — trying to control things only makes them worse. Letting go and trusting your intuition and connection to universal consciousness is the key. Giving up being in the driver’s seat and trusting your connection to a greater knowing, will make life a whole lot better.
In this module, you’ll learn how to develop your own connection to that greater knowing and to get the messages and guidance it has for you and your unique life path. Forget feeling lost and disappointed — get ready to feel loved, cared for and protected.
This is the right course for you if:
- You have the time and energy to integrate new practices into your life. These tools don’t take a ton of time, but it’s always an adjustment to bring new things into our daily lives.
- You’re open to meditation, guided visualization and spiritual practices. Don’t worry if you don’t already have a meditation practice, I’ll guide you through it!
- You like other humans. This is a group program and while you’ll get a ton of attention from me, there will be other people in the program, too. The good news is that really amazing human beings tend to be drawn to my stuff so you’ll likely meet some fantastic folks. (People have made life-long friends in previous programs.) If want you want is more personalized attention, then please take a look at my 1:1 sessions
- You want to learn different tools and strategies to move from “just okay” to a place of feeling deeply connected to yourself, your loved ones and your life purpose.
This course is not for you if:
- You’re in a place of daily deep depression or anxiety. This course isn’t a substitute for therapy and I’d want you to work with someone who’s has the right training to help you through that.
- You don’t have the time or energy to try new things at the moment. This is fine – we all have ebbs and flows in our time and energy! But this program teaches a TON of new tools and I want you to be able to try them out and see what works best for you.
- Your primary belief is on an external locus of control. There are two camps out there: those who believe they are at the whims of circumstance and that life is unfair (external locus of control) and those who believe that they have power over their reactions and thoughts about what’s happening which in turn affects your circumstances (internal locus of control). Most of the tools in this class are based on developing a rich and positive internal locus of control and if you don’t 100% believe that “if you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change” (as Wayne Dyer says) then this class may not be for you right now.
How does that sound? Since you’re still here, I guess we’re a pretty good fit 😉
I love that this class marries science and woo. This class is a beautiful piece to add to your emotional toolbox even if have already learned other modalities in the past. The tools in this class are a good combination of several modalities, and their sum is greater than all of their parts. They are deceptively easy to implement in their execution, but will have deep and more longstanding results. This class is a wonderful mix of practical and spiritual that seems to cut right to the heart of the healing journey.
Megan has such a strong foundation in science and is equally strong with her connection to energy and source. Megan is a gifted, humble healer whose message and work deserve a large audience. She’s that beautiful mixture of practicality for the everyday life and the spirituality you need to further your journey of healing and awakening.
Megan has a unique ability to synthesize a variety of tools and information combined with her gifted intuition into a cohesive body of knowledge. I love learning with Megan. Her joie de vivre is infectious!
This class reinforced my belief that we have to take care of ourselves, no one else is going to do it for us. Learning these simple but effective tools can be a game changer for how to navigate daily living with less stress and more joy! I’m now able to find a de-stress tool more quickly so I can downgrade any stress or anxiety a lot faster. When I found myself in a situation where I felt anxiety, worry or fear, I was able to think about this class and ask myself “which tool would work best right now?” – it was kinda like creating my own Anti-Anxiety Tool Kit! I’m focusing on what I want to feel and how it makes me happy vs. feeling deprived. Mindset is so key!
I am not sure I know any other teacher or practitioner who is as openly, genuinely unbiased and non-judgmental as Megan.
Her abilities create and nurture a uniquely embracing, warm healing environment. This class will truly be different from anything else you’ve taken in that Megan provides a rich variety of practices and concepts that deal with stress, micro-traumas, and the messiness of life.
This class really helped me either embrace or get beyond nuisance, emotion-laden bullshit worries. My wife and I will continue to benefit from the work we have done in this class, strengthening our bonds and deepening our respect for each other every day.
Details, housekeeping and FAQs:
- Course start and end date: April 24-June 3, 2022 (6 weeks)
- We’ll meet once a week for 1 hour on Zoom (Time TBD)
- I’ll be available via email if you have questions between meetings.
- You’ll have tools and practices in between sessions to help you develop that week’s skill. This is where growth happens — in the actual doing and practice of the thing — so please commit to setting aside time each week to practice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to have any particular background or skill set to take this course?
Nope. All I ask is that you have an open mind and a spiritual bent.
How much time will I need for practice between sessions?
All of the tools I’ll teach you are ongoing skills that you’ll get better with over time, so it really depends on how much you want to practice, but I’d say a minimum of 10 minutes per day would be a good ballpark figure.
Is this class going to bring up my shit?
Yes, it probably will. However, you’re going to learn a whole bunch of tools to help manage and heal your shit. It would be lovely if we could somehow get rid of our trauma triggers without facing them, but I don’t know how to create a healthier response without identifying, understanding, and loving on the trigger as it comes up. Please note that if you are deep in depression or anxiety and don’t already have a qualified therapist, it would help for you to work with one either before or during this class.
What if I can’t make the meetings?
That’s okay. While I’d love to see your face each week on Zoom, each week’s recording will be uploaded that day for you to watch when it’s convenient.
Ready to get started?
Click here to sign up now. Squee! I’m excited to have you join us.